Achieve team efficiency and eliminate duplicate work by assigning specific contacts to the team members responsible for managing those relationships. When you assign a contact to a team member, only that person will receive Follow-Up Reminders for the contact.
It’s easy to instantly see who is responsible for keeping an eye on a relationship and responding to Follow-Up Reminders. And even if you aren't the team member assigned to that contact, you can still keep the contact in your database for reference.
How to assign a contact
Only team admins can assign contacts, and contacts must be shared before they can be assigned. Note that assigning a contact means all Bucket Follow-Up Reminders will be sent to the assigned team member. Assigning a contact does not mean Program-generated Tasks, Follow-Up Reminders, and email approvals will be sent to the assigned team member. Program-generated Tasks, Follow-Up Reminders, and email approvals always appear on the Dashboard of the team member who enrolled the contact in the Program, regardless of that contact is assigned to a different team member.
There are two ways to assign a contact to a team member.
Option 1: From the contact record
1. Go to the shared contact's profile page.
2. On the right hand side, click the grayed out "None" under "Assigned team member."
3. Choose a team member to assign the contact to and the tick the box beside the team member's name. Click Save.
4. You'll get a confirmation at the top of the page and you'll see the assigned team member's name underneath "Assigned team member."
Option 2: From the Contacts page
1. Go to the Contacts page.
2. Search for and tick the checkboxes of the contact(s) you want to assign to the team member.
3. An options bar will appear at the bottom of the screen. Click "More Options..."
4. Click Assigned User.
5. Tick the checkbox of the team member you want to assign the contacts to.
6. You'll get a confirmation at the top of the page that you've successfully assigned the selected contacts.
How to generate a list of assigned contacts
You may want to see all of your assigned contacts, or, if you're an administrator, see all the contacts assigned to a specific team member. You can use the Contacts page to generate a list of assigned contacts. Then you can touch base with the responsible team member or reassign the contacts in the event that a team member leaves or changes roles.
To pull a list of contacts assigned to a specific team member, go to the Contacts page, scroll down on the left hand side, and click Assigned To. Select the team member whose assigned contacts you want to see. If you want to see all assigned contacts, tick the checkboxes of all team members.
To export the list, click Export near the top right of the Contacts page and select "Just this search."
Can a contact be assigned to multiple team members?
No, a contact can only be assigned to one team member.
Will the team member be notified when a contact has been assigned?
Yes, a notification will appear in the form of a number and a bell at the top right of the team member's account. The team member can click on the notification to jump right to the contact.
If an assigned contact is in a shared Bucket for which multiple team members have Follow-Up Reminders, who receives Follow-Up Reminders for the contact?
Only the assigned team member receives Follow-Up Reminders for the contact.
Does assigning a contact affect Programs that the contact is in?
No. Program steps will still be triggered and appear on the Dashboard of the team member using the program, regardless of if that team member is the team member assigned to the contact.