As a team lead, you spend countless dollars to supply quality leads to your team. Ensure your team follows up promptly by using Lead Routing to avoid missed opportunities.
Round-robin leads by type or source to specific groups of agents, or manually assign leads based on who's best suited to work with those prospects. Ensure leads are distributed efficiently and owned from initial inquiry, driving more revenue for your team.
How Lead Routing works
Admins create Lead Pools, which allow them to manage lead sources and the team members who can be assigned leads from those sources.
- Admins can specify the team members that will get leads from a given Pool.
- One or more Buckets can be set up as sources for a Lead Pool. Contacts placed in the Bucket(s) attached to the Lead Pool are assigned as leads to the team members in that Lead Pool.
- An admin can set the routing logic to manual or round-robin (cycles evenly through the team members in that Pool).
- A team member receives assigned leads via a default Bucket. The team member can change which Bucket receives assigned leads at any time.
Admins can view and manage leads from a Lead Routing dashboard.
- Admins can see which contacts were routed as leads, which Pools the leads were routed through, which team members were assigned the leads and when the leads were assigned, and the date the leads were last contacted by their assigned owners.
- Admins can filter by Pool and assignment.
- Admins can assign or reassign leads. Assigning or reassigning a lead triggers both an email and in-app notification for the affected team member(s).
- Admins can remove leads.
How to set up Lead Routing
The Lead Routing feature is available to all Professional Plan, Accelerator Plan, and Enterprise Plan teams.
Access Lead Routing under the Settings menu.
1. Click on Create Lead Pool at the top right. A Lead Pool sources leads from one or more Buckets and distribute them to team members via manual or round-robin routing. Give your Lead Pool a name.
2. Specify the source Bucket(s) where your leads will be coming from. The source Bucket(s) must be in your account.
3. Set the distribution method to either manual or round-robin.
4. Add team members to receive leads from this Pool.
5. Activate the Pool from the toggle at the top-right.
How are leads added to the Lead Pool?
Leads are added to the Lead Pool through the Bucket(s) that is attached it. You can add leads to that Bucket manually, through integration, or both. For example, you might have an Internet Leads Bucket that is attached to a Lead Pool. You can set up integrations to add leads to that Bucket, and you can also create new contacts and add them to this Bucket.
How do I turn off Lead Routing?
You can turn off Lead Routing by Pool. To deactivate a Pool, click to edit the Pool. At the top right, slide the "Lead Pool is active" toggle to the left. To delete the Pool, click Delete.
To turn off lead routing entirely, deactivate or delete all Lead Pools. If you just want a Bucket attached to a Lead Pool to stop contributing to the Pool, you can detach that Bucket only.
If I reassign a lead, can the new owner see the conversations the previous owner had with the lead?
The new owner will be able to see conversations between the lead and the previous owner only if the lead is in a shared bucket that both new and previous owner has access to.
How do team members know I've assigned them leads?
Within about 5 minutes, the team member with newly assigned leads receives an email notification. Team members receive an in-app notification at the top right-hand corner as well.
Team members also receive email and in-app notifications when leads are reassigned from them to other team members.
Can I set it up so that an automated campaign kicks off for assigned leads?
An admin can create a follow-up campaign and place it in the Team Library under Programs. From there, team members can download the campaign and attach it to the Buckets in their accounts that receive assigned leads. When leads are routed into those Buckets, the campaign will be triggered.