All your events logged for you
Your calendar is vital to keeping track of your busy schedule. You use calendar invites to arrange meetings and phone calls and place reminders for yourself so you remember to do specific tasks on certain days.
There's no need to do double the admin work. Simply connect your calendar to Contactually, and your meetings and communications will automatically log to the contact records that correspond to the email addresses on the calendar invites. Push your Contactually Follow-Ups to the calendar you check on a daily basis so they're always top of mind. Sync your tools so all the information you need is in one place!
For Google and O365 calendars, this process is very quick. Just log into your calendar account on the Calendars page of your Contactually Settings. For other calendars, read on to learn how to connect via iCalendar.
- How to connect your calendar to Contactually
- How to find your calendar feed
Contactually can connect to your calendar by reading an iCalendar feed
iCalendar is the name for a standardized calendar data format that many major calendars use to export data to outside services. While the name is similar to Apple's Calendar software and is utilized by Apple Calendar, iCalendar is independent of Apple and is used by many other calendars.
To connect your calendar to Contactually, you'll need your iCalendar feed (this is a URL that represents your calendar). Go to the Calendars page of your Contactually Settings and click Connect next to iCalendar. In the pop-up window, paste your iCalendar feed into the Feed URL box. Click Save. If you don't know how to find your Feed URL, read on.
How to find your iCalendar feed
1. To the right of the calendar you want to connect to Contactually, click the icon that looks like a signal. You may need to right click the icon and click Get Info.
2. A pop up will appear. Tick the checkbox to make the calendar is a "Public Calendar." Once you've done so, a URL will populate at the bottom of the pop up. Copy the URL. Click Done.
3. Go to the Calendars page of your Contactually Settings and click Connect next to iCalendar. In the pop-up window, paste your iCalendar feed into the Feed URL box. Click Save.
1. Open your Outlook Calendar and right-click the calendar you want to sync with Contactually.
2. Click Share and then Publish This Calendar.
3. Outlook Web App will open. It may ask you to log in (if you don't have an account, quickly create one). Once you have done so, select the settings for your calendar.
- Publishing Details: Full Details
- Publish My Calendar: Choose what timeframe you want to make available to Contactually
- Access Level: Public
Click Start Publishing.
4. Copy the link under "Link for subscribing to this calendar."
5. Click Save.
6. Go to the Calendars page of your Contactually Settings and click Connect next to iCalendar. In the pop-up window, paste the ICS URL you copied into the Feed URL box. Click Save.
1. Log in to iCloud on www.iCloud.com
2. Click Calendar.
3. To the right of the calendar, you want to connect to Contactually, click the icon that looks like the signal. You may need to right-click the icon and click Get Info. In the pop-up window, make sure the box is ticked next to Public Calendar.
4. Copy the public URL.
Go to the Calendars page of your Contactually Settings and click Connect next to iCalendar. In the pop-up window, paste the ICS URL you copied into the Feed URL box. Click Save.
1. Log in to your Yahoo mail and access your calendar.
2. Select the calendar you want to import and click Share.
3. Select "Generate links" and Copy the URL under To import into a calendar app (ICS).
4. Go to the Calendars page of your Contactually Settings and click Connect next to iCalendar. In the pop-up window, paste the ICS URL you copied into the Feed URL box. Click Save.
Do logged calendar events count as completed Follow-Ups?
Yes. A logged calendar event resets the contact's Follow-Up Reminder.
Why aren't my calendar events showing up on my contact records?
Calendar events only log on a contact record if the contact's email address is in the calendar invite. If the contact has multiple email addresses, make sure all email addresses are on the contact's profile in Contactually so that communication and calendar invites will log regardless of which email was used. Calendar events that have no attendees (i.e. are not calendared invites where you've sent an invite to a contact's email address) do not log on contact records.
How can I delete a calendar event from a contact record?
Once synced, calendar events can't be deleted from contact records.
Can I set reminders for calendar events in Contactually?
No. Use your primary calendar to set reminders.
What syncs to my calendar from Contactually?
Follow-Up Reminders and Tasks sync to your calendar from Contactually. Emails requiring approval that were scheduled via Program steps do not sync to your calendar.
Can I receive calendar reminders for Contactually Follow-Ups synced to my calendar?
Contactually Follow-Ups appear on your calendar as general events for the day, not events for a specific time. If you've set as a default a reminder for general events (for example, an alert 10 minutes beforehand (11:50 the day before), or 9:00 am the day of), this reminder will apply to the Contactually Follow-Ups.