Contactually integrates with BombBomb in two ways: you can sync contacts from Contactually to BombBomb to enroll in video campaigns, or you can record a video right from Contactually to send to contact (and that video will save to your BombBomb library).
- Connecting Contactually to BombBomb
- Connecting BombBomb to Contactually
- Send a video message from Contactually using BombBomb
- Add an existing BombBomb video to a template or message
- Other notes
Connecting Contactually to BombBomb
You can connect Contactually to BombBomb in order to sync contacts and Buckets to BombBomb. Check out BombBomb's integration guide to get started. This integration will allow you to send messages from BombBomb to your Contactually contacts, or to Buckets as distribution lists.
Enabling the BombBomb integration in Contactually
1. In your Contactually account, go to Settings then Integrations.
2. Look for the BombBomb "Connect" button.
3. Enter your BombBomb API token.
Note: You can get your BombBomb API token from your account (if you already have one) here:
4. Click on "Save" and you're done.
Send an video message
1. Start a new message by clicking on a contact's email address or Follow-Up prompt, or by going to Messages and clicking on New Message.
2. Click on the BombBomb icon in the Composer.
3. Allow the app to access your camera and microphone (depending on your browser, this message may show at the top, near the address bar).
4. Record your video message.
5. Click on OK when done or cancel to retake a new video.
6. Add whatever content you'd like to your message and send.
7. The contact receiving the email just needs to click on the link to view the recorded video message
Add an existing BombBomb video to a template or message
To create a template that includes a BombBomb message, make sure you have enabled the BombBomb integration and then follow the steps below (you can also use this process to insert an existing BombBomb video in a Contactually message without using a template):
1. Record your BombBomb video in BombBomb or via Contactually (recording in Contactually will save it to your BombBomb library).
2. Access the video in your BombBomb library and right click on the thumbnail image on the left-hand side. Select "Save Image As..." and save it with a name and in a location that you will be able to find later.
3. Click "Edit" to the right of the video, then Link & Share. This will generate a box with the link to your video. Note this link for use in your template.
4. Back in Contactually, click on the User Menu and then Email Templates.
5. Select Create Email Template and proceed to write your new template. Once you have the text, put your cursor where you want the image and link to appear, and click the insert image button.
6. A dialog will pop up to upload your image and set your link. First, click on the upload tab and choose the file to upload (this should be the image you saved in step 2). Click "Send it to the Server". Once it is successfully sent, the tab will change to the Image Info tab.
7. On the Image Info tab, you can set the image size. In most cases, the max recommended width for email is 500 pixels. Ensure that the lock icon is closed, to maintain the image proportions (or click it to close it).
8. On the link tab, add in the URL of your video from step 3. Select where the video should open - "New Window" will open a new tab in most browsers and is the most "polite" option. Click "OK" at the bottom and you're done!
9. Save your template and you are ready to go! You can swap out the image or link if you generate a new video in the future, or get creative and use any image you want. BombBomb also allows you to create custom images (thumbnails) to associate with a video.
1. Outside of the trial period, this feature will not be available on the Basic plan.
2. Videos recorded in Contactually will not be saved within Contactually. However, you will find the recorded video in your Bombbomb library and it can be reused from there following the process for inserting the video in a template.
3. Emails sent via BombBomb directly will not be recorded or tracked in Contactually as they are sent via BombBomb's servers and not your email server.