- Syncing Contactually contacts to MailChimp lists
- Syncing MailChimp contacts to Contactually
- Other issues
If your MailChimp integration isn't syncing your Contactually Buckets and MailChimp lists, make sure that the integration is properly set up in Contactually.
1. Go to Settings, click the Integrations tab on the left hand side, and find MailChimp.
2. If your MailChimp password has changed, disconnect and reconnect your account.
3. Check the integration settings of your connected MailChimp account to make sure you have ticked the checkboxes of the Buckets you want to sync. To access the integration settings, click the Settings button next to the Disconnect button.
You can find more information about the steps above by reading this article.
Syncing Contactually contacts to MailChimp lists
Make sure that the correct Buckets are ticked and the correct MailChimp lists are chosen. Only contacts in the selected Buckets will be pushed into your MailChimp lists.
In this set-up, there are no Buckets selected to sync with MailChimp.
In this set-up, a Bucket is selected, and an appropriate list is chosen from the dropdown that appears.
Syncing MailChimp contacts to Contactually
If you want MailChimp contacts to be automatically added to your Contactually database when you email them, select "When I email somebody through MailChimp, record that interaction in Contactually. This will create a new contact if one does not exist." This will add only MailChimp contacts who you email via MailChimp from this point forward, not MailChimp contacts who have subscribed to a list but you haven't yet emailed at all, or haven't yet emailed since the time you set up the integration.
This setting will also ensure that all emails sent through MailChimp are going to be logged as completed Follow-Ups in Contactually. These two options (logging interactions and creating new contacts) cannot be separated.
In MailChimp, make sure that each contact has these three fields only:
- Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name
Not having all three fields or adding any other fields will stop the integration from MailChimp because the three fields above are the only ones that can be synced to Contactually. (A Contactually contact having more than those three fields does not affect that contact's syncing to MailChimp.)
- Don't use role-based email addresses. Please check MailChimp's guidelines here.
- If the integration still fails, disconnect and reconnect the integration in Contactually's Settings.
- If a particular contact or set of contacts is missing, please note the following:
- If email to that contact through MailChimp has previously hard-bounced, the contact cannot be resubscribed to a list. Please find more info from MailChimp here.
- If the user has deleted the MailChimp list to which the Bucket syncs, no contacts will sync to MailChimp. The list choice can be updated on the Integrations page.
- MailChimp lists can have custom fields, but Contactually does not push additional fields to MailChimp. If the list that the Bucket syncs to has required custom fields, the contacts will not sync because Contactually cannot create MailChimp contacts without the required information.