- Troubleshooting a disconnected email
- Troubleshooting missing emails
- Why are there no (or few) contacts in my account?
Troubleshooting a disconnected email
If your email stops syncing with Contactually, you'll receive a notification at the top of your Dashboard in the form of a number next to the bell icon. Click the alert to see details. Click the actual notification to go to the Email page of Settings, where you can update your credentials.
The most common reasons for disconnected accounts are two-factor authentication and password changes. If you have two-factor authentication enabled, you may need to create an app-specific password. Your email provider can help you with this process—check out links to their support content for 2FA in this article. For some providers (like Apple/iCloud), if you change your main password, your app-specific passwords will also need to be updated.
To update your password, click Update Credentials to the right of your email on the Email page of Contactually's Settings. Check with your IT administrator and re-enter all credentials, not just the password, in case something other than the password has changed.
If the problem persists, try deleting the email account from Contactually and adding it again. Deleting the account will only remove the connection, not the contacts.
Make sure your email folders are named in English. It's also a good idea to set your email account's language to English in your email's settings.
Troubleshooting missing emails
Remember that Contactually can't connect to or log POP3 emails.
Why are there no (or few) contacts in my account?
It could be that Contactually can't find any mail from your email address. This is usually due to one of three things:
1. You use multiple, separate email addresses and haven't connected all of them to Contactually
2. You use multiple email addresses and forward all messages to your connected email address, but you send messages from an email address that isn't connected (this is often the case with aliases)
3. You use an email client such as Outlook, Mac Mail, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, or Windows Live that doesn't save sent messages to an email server. Check the Support Center for your client to confirm.
To solve issues 1 and 2, simply connect your additional emails on the Email page of Contactually's Settings.
To solve issue 3, configure your email client to save emails to your email server (this is usually available in Settings).