The time you have to write an email might not be the time when your contacts are checking their inboxes. Schedule an email to send later so that it arrives at a better hour or on a different day. Compose messages in advance of a busy week or a week when you're out of office, and schedule them to send while you're unavailable.
Contactually's scheduling feature ensures your message is sent at the most appropriate or effective time.
- How to schedule emails to send later
- Using the Best Time to Send feature
- Where to view and edit scheduled emails
How to schedule emails to send later
1. Click Schedule in the message window.
2. Select the date and time you want the message to send.
3. Click Save.
4. The buttons on the Follow-Up modal will change to a button indicating the scheduled send time and a Change button.
5. To confirm that you want the message to send at the scheduled time, click the button indicating the time you set. To change the scheduled time, click Change.
Using the Best Time to Email feature
The Best Time To Email feature suggests you send your email at an hour when the recipient is already likely to be responding to messages, to increase your likelihood of getting a reply. We've used data on each contact's reply history to show the hours the recipient has previously been active in his or her inbox. Important to note, only emails that are between two people (you and one contact) will be factored into the Best Time calculations for that contact. All you have to do is click one of the times shown to schedule your email.
The Best Time to Email feature is only available for users on the Professional, Accelerator, and Enterprise plans. If you haven't logged in to Contactually for 30 days or more, please allow up to 24 hours after you log back in for Best Time to Send to become available.
Where to view and edit scheduled messages
1. Go to the Messages page.
2. Click Individual Messages or ScaleMails, depending on what type of message you scheduled. Then click Scheduled.
3. Click the message's subject line to open it.
4. Click the Change button to modify the scheduled send time.
5. To confirm that you want the message to send at the scheduled time, click the button indicating the time you set.
Can I schedule an email to go out at a specific time in the recipient's time zone?
Contactually doesn't keep track of your contacts' time zones. You can manually convert the time and schedule the message accordingly. For example, if you're on Eastern Standard Time but the message recipient is on Pacific Standard Time, schedule the message to send at 12:00 PM if you want the recipient to receive it at 9:00 AM.
Where do you get the data shown in the Best Time to Email area of the contact sidebar?
Since Contactually is syncing to your inbox, we analyze the data to see whether or not a recipient responds to your email and at what time. This is the data shown when you click Contact on the Best Time to Email graph. Based on this data, we suggest specific hours as the best hours to send that contact a message because those are hours when that contact has previously been active in his or her inbox. Important to note, only emails that are between two people (you and one contact) will be factored into the Best Time calculations for that contact.
We've also used data on reply histories of your entire database of contacts to show the hours your database as a whole has previously responded to your messages. This is the data shown when you click Average on the Best Time to Email graph.
Can I schedule a series of emails?
Yes. Use a Program to schedule a series of emails.
Can I schedule a recurring email?
No, you can only schedule an email to send one time.
Can I schedule text messages?
No, you can only schedule emails.
Why are my messages sending at times other than the ones I've scheduled them for?
Check that your time zone is accurate in Contactually. Contactually sends messages based on the time zone indicated in Settings.