How to edit contacts
Via the contact sidebar
1. Click the contact's name on the Dashboard or Contacts tab to open the contact sidebar.
2. Click Edit Contact in the menu.
3. An editing modal will appear. Make your edits and click Submit.
4. You can also remove or replace the contact's photo from this editing modal.
On the contact's profile
1. Go to the contact's profile.
2. Click Edit at the top right.
3. Edit the information you want to change.
4. Click Save.
5. To replace the contact's photo, click on the photo directly. You cannot remove without replacing from this view, but you can do that from the contact sidebar view.
How to edit contacts' locations
You can see contacts' locations using the Locations filter on the left hand side of the Contacts tab. Contacts' locations are sourced by FullContact.
If your contacts have inaccurate locations on their social media or email signatures, their locations in Contactually may also be inaccurate. For instance, if one of your contacts recently moved states but still has the previous metropolitan area listed on LinkedIn, the previous location, not the current location, will show in Contactually. You can add an additional (up-to-date) location for the contact and/or remove the existing one.
To add locations, follow the instructions below.
1. Go to the Contacts page.
2. Tick the check boxes of the contact(s) for whom you want to add additional locations (all contacts must be added to the same location if you select multiple).
3. An options bar will appear at the bottom of the page. Click "More Options..." and then Locations.
4. Tick the checkbox of the location you want to add or type in a new location to create a new one. Untick the checkbox of any inaccurate locations.
5. Click Save.
Why can't I see my contact's location on the contact profile?
Locations are only visible on the Contacts page or contact sidebar.
Can I disable FullContact to avoid having inaccurate locations associated with my contacts?
No, FullContact can't be disabled.
Can I merge locations with similar names, for example, "Washington, D.C." and "D.C.?"
No, because locations are sourced from the internet and imported as-is, their names can't be merged or overridden.
Why don't I see my custom fields on the contact's profile?
Custom fields only display if you've added information into those fields when editing a contact. Empty custom fields do not display. Standard fields display regardless of if they have information or not.