Contacts must be archived before being deleted. Archiving serves as a safeguard against accidental deletion. Deleting contacts permanently removes them from Contactually.
How to delete contacts
Before you can delete contacts, you must archive them.
1. Tick the checkboxes of the contacts you want to archive.
2. An options bar will appear at the bottom of the screen. Click Archive at the bottom right.
3. A pop-up window will appear, asking you to confirm you want to archive the contacts. Click OK.
After archiving the contacts, follow the below instructions to delete the contacts.
1. Go to the Contacts tab and click Archived at the top left under Type.
2. To delete a single contact, click Delete to the far right of the contact.
To delete multiple contacts, tick the checkboxes to the left of their names. An options bar will appear at the bottom of the screen. Click Delete at the bottom right.
If you don't see the options bar, make sure that one or more contacts' checkboxes are ticked and that you are not zoomed in on the window.
3. A pop up will appear and ask you to confirm you want to delete the contact(s). Click Delete.
What's the difference between deleting and unarchiving a contact?
Deleting a contact permanently deletes it from Contactually. Unarchiving a contact restores the contact to Active status. Active contacts can be tagged, placed in Buckets, and messaged.
Will a deleted contact be imported again the next time my email syncs?
I deleted a contact, but my phone synced it back into Contactually. How can I prevent this from happening?
When your phone syncs with Contactually, each sync is considered a new import, so the system thinks that you are trying to add back all the contacts you deleted. Instead of deleting contacts that synced from your phone, archive them. Archived contacts will resync each time your phone syncs, but their status won't change: They'll remain archived (e.g. out of sight and out of your way).
Does deleting contacts from Contactually delete them from my phone or email address book?
No, deleting contacts from Contactually only removes them from your Contactually database.
How do I restore a deleted contact?
The only way to restore a deleted contact is to manually add it back into Contactually, either by clicking Create Contact at the top of the Contacts tab or by uploading a CSV that includes that contact.
Searching for contacts