- Declutter your database
- Which contacts should I remove?
- How to delete multiple contacts
- Related articles
Declutter your database and keep it updated
Getting started with Contactually is easy. All it takes is connecting your email account. With a few simple clicks, your entire database is built. But what happens when you see contacts in your CRM that don't belong? It's easy to identify the relationships you don't need to nurture and quickly remove them from Contactually.
Which contacts should I remove?
Contactually should house your professionally relevant contacts. Keep that in mind, because although mom or dad may be the most important people in your life, they may not be the most important people to your business. When you're thinking about your business, try to gauge which relationships are most impactful to your bottom line. Your close friends and family may influence your professional work, but more likely than not you'll naturally stay in touch with them either way. Remove them and Contactually will help you stay top of mind with the rest of your contacts.
How to delete multiple contacts
1. Go to the Contacts tab and search for contacts you want to delete.
Use the filters on the left hand side if you need to narrow your search. For example, you can select a tag to display all contacts with that specific tag.
2. Tick the checkboxes of the contacts you want to delete. You can also select all by ticking the checkbox to the right of the Name column. The system will ask you if you want to select all results of your search. If you don't choose "Select all [number of] contacts," then it will only select all contacts on the current page, not all contacts from the entire search.
3. A bar will appear on the bottom of the screen. Click the trash can icon on the far right of the bar. Double check the gray box to the left of the trash can icon to make sure you are deleted the number of contacts you expect. See the example below where it's indicated that 558 contacts will be deleted.
4. The pop-up window will ask if you're sure that you want to delete these contacts.
5. Click Ok.
Does deleting contacts from Contactually delete them from my phone or email address book?
No, deleting contacts from Contactually only removes them from your Contactually database.
Will deleted contacts come back into Contactually the next time my email or phone syncs with Contactually?
Deleted contacts are never automatically synced back into Contactually. You can manually add them back in as "new" contacts.
How do I add back in a contact I deleted?
Use the Add Contact button on the Dashboard or Contacts tab to manually add the contact back to your database. You can also import it again via a spreadsheet.
How do I contacts?